Young Harris College invites applications for Dean of the Division of Mathematics, Science, and Technology to begin January 2019.
Providing strong service to students, the Division of Mathematics, Science, and Technology houses the Departments of Biology, Chemistry and Physical Sciences, Mathematics, and Psychology with baccalaureate majors in Biology, Chemistry, Environmental Science, Mathematics and Psychology. In addition, the Division of Mathematics, Science, and Technology serves local and regional communities through the Rollins Planetarium, the Hemlock Project, the Beekeeping Institute, and the Aquatic Research Lab.
As Young Harris College has recently received approval from the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges to offer master's programs and to offer 50% or more of programs online, the Division of Mathematics, Science, and Technology is poised for growth to meet the needs of the College's region.
Qualifications for the Dean of the Division of Mathematics, Science, and Technology
· An earned doctorate in a discipline in the division
· A record of excellence in teaching, scholarship, and service
· A progressive record of academic leadership
· Successful experience in faculty evaluation and professional development
· Successful experience in budgetary management and resource allocation
· Exceptional communication skills
· A commitment to shared governance
The responsibilities of the Dean of the Division of Mathematics, Science, and Technology include:
· Provide leadership and vision for the Division of Mathematics, Science, and Technology
· Work collaboratively to explore, develop, and nurture new academic programs and delivery innovations in the division
· Provide leadership in the recruitment and development of outstanding faculty and staff
· Formulate and administer the Division's annual budget, and provide oversight for effective resource management
· Assure the Division's strategic objectives are met via effective assessment practices
· Foster a culture of clear and effective communication with faculty and staff of the Division, as well as the broader community
Candidates should apply electronically at https://recruiting.myapps.paychex.com/appone/MainInfoReq.asp?R_ID=2149932 . Please include in your application: a cover letter specifically addressing your qualifications for the position, CV, transcripts, and three letters of reference. In addition, transcripts should be sent electronically to email@example.com or by mail to Human Resources Director, Young Harris College, P.O. Box 68, Young Harris, GA 30582. Review of applications will begin October 15, 2018 and continue until the position is filled. Selected candidate must successfully pass a background check.
Applicants who would enrich the diversity of the campus community are strongly encouraged to apply.