Coaches are paid via stipend.
This is a part-time coaching assignment in the Athletics area at Merced College under the general direction of the Director of Athletics.
Examples of Duties
- Provide instruction, mentoring, and coaching to student athletes in the skills, techniques, and competitive strategies necessary for individual and team achievement of athletic standards of performance; evaluate individual and team performance and refine individual and team strategies throughout the season.
- Establish and maintain safety standards to protect student-athletes, equipment, materials, and facilities; demonstrate techniques of movement and body mechanics that prevent injuries; provide immediate assistance to injured student-athletes; document injuries and submit record-keeping reports as required.
- Create a positive atmosphere for the student-athletes; support academic progress, retention, and matriculation of student-athletes through mentoring activities; refer student-athletes to support services, programs, resources, and other professionals as appropriate; maintain confidential student-athlete information.
- Ensure program compliance within the subject sports program with CCCAA regulations; establish and monitor effective procedures to ensure staff and student-athletes comply with such requirements; communicate the disciplinary or corrective consequences of violations as set forth in the provisions of enforcement procedures; report violations of regulations to the Athletic Director or Vice President of Student Services.
- Promote interest and attendance at athletic events; assist in fund-raising efforts for the program.
- Any bachelor's degree and two years of professional experience in the field (Baseball, Basketball, Football, Softball, Swimming & Diving, Track & Field, Volleyball, or Water Polo), OR
- Any associate degree and six years of professional experience in the field.
- Must have sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, and ethnic backgrounds of community college students
- Minimum of one year of community college coaching experience in field.
- Current technology skills related to coaching in the sport and a willingness to pursue future technological developments.
How to Apply:
Candidates will submit a complete application on the Merced College Career Pages at https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/mccd/promotionaljobs
- Letter of interest addressing your qualifications for the position
- List three professional references
- Legible unofficial college transcripts (undergraduate and graduate). Transcripts must include the degree major and date the institution granted the degree. Official copies are not required unless applicant is hired.
- Foreign transcripts must include a U.S. evaluation and translation. http://www.ctc.ca.gov/credentials/leaflets/cl635.pdf (Download PDF reader)
- Diversity Statement: Provide a statement about yourself that specifically demonstrates sensitivity to the needs of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability and ethnic backgrounds of community college students and the community at large. Your response is limited to one (1) page.
- OPTIONAL: Equivalency Review Form, if applicable. (Required for applicants who do not possess the stated minimum educational qualifications and are seeking consideration on the basis of equivalency) http://www.mccd.edu/offices/hr/jobs/eqforms.html
Individuals with disabilities may request any needed accommodation to participate in the application process. Please submit your request with your application to the Human Resources Office.
Interview Information: Those applicants deemed most qualified for the position will be invited to appear for oral interviews before a screening committee which includes a 15-minute teaching demonstration on a selected topic. Finalist interviews with district administrators will follow the same or next day. A limited number of candidates will be invited to interviews. Expenses for travel and accommodations will be the responsibility of the candidates.
Employee Benefits: Faculty employed on a part-time hourly basis shall earn sick leave credit at the rate of one (1) hour for each twenty (20) hours of paid service.
Condition of Employment: The selected candidate must be fingerprinted and tested for tuberculosis at his/her own expense prior to the start of employment. In compliance with the Immigration Reform Act of 1986, all new employees are required to verify their identity and the right to work in the United States. An applicant must be able to perform essential functions of the position with or without reasonable accommodations. All offers of employment are subject to approval by the Board of Trustees.