Applications are being accepted for a full-time Associate Dean of Human Services at Moraine Park Technical College, Fond du Lac Campus. This position will assist the Academic Dean in overseeing academic initiatives, instructional budgets, special projects, grants and student/personnel issues. This position will recruit, orient, mentor and provide for the ongoing development and evaluation of contract and adjunct faculty and/or support staff and supervise classes to ensure quality of curriculum, course design and delivery. This position has occasional nights and weekends.
1. Assist the Academic Dean in overseeing academic initiatives, instructional budgets, special projects, grants, and student/personnel issues in support of student retention and success.
2. Recruit, orient, mentor and provide for the ongoing development and evaluation of faculty and support professionals and subsequent individual development plans in keeping with MPTC culture, workplace principles and Faculty Quality Assurance System (FQAS) procedures.
3. Supervise classes to ensure quality of curriculum, course design and delivery, adequate supplies and equipment and enforcement of safety processes and procedures for all students and staff. Ensure that industry safety requirements are current. Respond to student and instructor concerns and issues, develop and implement solutions and make recommendations to the Academic Dean when appropriate.
4. Ensure the effective and efficient use of resources (e.g. financial, human, physical plant) for the instructional programs, and seek alternative external resources in collaboration with the Academic Dean. Utilize a program review process to make data-informed decisions associated with the management of assigned programs and course offerings in order to maximize student retention and success.
5. Manage curriculum and make sure that it is relevant, current, consistent, and congruent with appropriate WTCS standards and is developed using input from advisory committees and other employer partners as appropriate. Ensure curriculum is formatted and housed according to MPTC expectations.
6. Provide input to the Academic Dean in the development and implementation of course, certificate, diploma, and degree program modifications, and the investigation and implementation of new certificate, diploma and degree program offerings.
7. Ensure that health and program requirements as well as faculty licensures/credentials are current and procedures are followed for all students and staff.
8. Develop, implement, and manage enrollment processes in certificate, diploma, and degree programs to improve student access, effectiveness and efficiency of room scheduling, course scheduling, and assignment of faculty workload. Develop course schedules (fall, spring and summer) and faculty workload assignments for full-time and adjunct faculty.
9. Serve on college committees, attend college-wide activities, and participate in staff development activities and professional organizations. Represent the College at program specific community meetings (i.e. County fire/EMS meetings) and other community functions and events.
10. Provide a managerial presence and supervision during the evening and other times as needed. Perform other duties as assigned.
1. Master's Degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience from which comparable knowledge and abilities can be acquired.
2. Two years of teaching experience, preferably in a post-secondary institution. If two years of teaching experience is not met, a combination of teaching and other related experience such as project management, training development, program coordination, and/or curriculum writing and oversight may be considered.
3. Demonstrated knowledge of curriculum and assessment, preferably in a post-secondary setting.
4. Two years of leadership experience preferably in a post-secondary institution. Supervisory experience preferred.
5. Excellent written and verbal communication skills including the ability to interact with all levels of internal and external customers.
6. Demonstrated ability to build and sustain community partnerships associated with Human Services related programs and activities.
7. Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a team-based, innovative and continuous quality improvement focused environment; experience leading cross-functional teams.
8. Demonstrated ability to work effectively with diverse populations by promoting and maintaining an inclusive work environment and culture that is respectful and accepting of diversity.
9. Grant management experience, to include experience with grant writing, reporting and budget management.
10. Demonstrated organizational skills and project management experience with the ability to multitask.
11. Demonstrated ability to use computer applications including Microsoft Office, Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) systems, email, online learning management systems such as Blackboard, Canvas, or Moodle, and classroom instructional technology to support effective and efficient teaching and learning.