Job TitleDual Credit Adjunct Instructor - Various Disciplines
Position StatusPart Time
Pay RateCommensurate with education.
DepartmentDT Academic Operations
To assist students in their learning process by utilizing all appropriate College resources, materials, facilities, and educational technologies available to complement the teaching and learning process.
This posting will be utilized to hire for Dual Credit Programs the following disciplines: Art, Biology, Chemistry, Computer Science, Economics, English, Geology, Government, History, Mathematics, Physics, Psychology, Sociology, and Speech.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Accepts and teaches classes based on varied schedules (morning, afternoon, evening and weekends) to accommodate diverse student needs and external stakeholders’ expectations of the College as assigned by designated supervisor
• Demonstrates a sensitivity toward and respect for the myriad of diversities represented in the student population, colleagues and service area
• Aids in the development of curricula, including individual course syllabi as assigned
• Prepares and delivers instruction to students
• Actively pursues and participates in professional development activities to enhance skills in various modes of instruction and knowledge of learning
• Works with colleagues to select appropriate textbooks for departmental adoptions, and abides by departmental decisions for textbooks
• Prepares assignments
• May compile bibliographies of specialized materials for outside reading assignments
• Designs and maintains an active classroom environment conducive to student learning and success
• Maintains student attendance records
• Evaluates student performance and learning
• Provides regular and timely evaluation feedback to students
• Assigns grades consistent with course requirements
• Assists in District commitment to assessing student learning outcomes and program learning outcomes and to achieving institutional performance measures
• Participates in TCC’s institutional effectiveness program
• Accepts and participates in the necessary training to offer courses via varied delivery methods such as distance learning
• Accepts assignments as necessary at other sites such as for dual credit courses
• Accepts and participates in the service mission of the college
• May conduct research in particular field of knowledge and publish findings in professional journals
• Performs related duties such as advising students on academic and vocational curricula, and acting as adviser to student organizations
• Serves on campus and District committees
• Performs basic student enrollment and recruitment functions, such as community outreach, support of student registration and student retention activities
• Attends the workplace regularly, reports to work punctually and follows a work schedule to keep up with the demands of the worksite
• Completes all required training and professional development sessions
• Supports the values of the College: diversity, teaching excellence, student success, innovation and creativity and service to the College
Required Education, Experience, Certifications, Licensures
• Master’s degree or higher* in specialized field OR a Master’s degree or higher* with eighteen (18) graduate hours in specialized field
*Degree must be from a regionally accredited college or university
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties and responsibilities.
Special Instructions Summary
This posting will be utilized to hire instructors for the Dual Credit program at Tarrant County College. Dual credit instructors provide college level courses to high school students in the Tarrant County area.
Instructional times/days may vary between the hours 7 am and 4 pm, Monday through Friday.
Your application on this posting may remain active for up to one year.
Note: For those with international transcripts, please upload your transcript evaluation.
ContactTalent Aquisition Team