C++ Software Engineer-21221
Do you love coming up with creative ideas and innovative solutions?
Are you searching for meaningful software development work, where you can contribute to some of our country's most fascinating security challenges?
Are you passionate about working with groundbreaking next generation technologies?
If so, we're looking for someone like you to join our simulation development team at APL.
Our dedicated team of engineers, physicists, mathematicians, and computer scientists are engaged in an extensive portfolio of projects with the U.S. military. Our developers support our analysis in their pursuit of acquisition, maintenance, and assessment of various electronic warfare assets.
We are seeking a creative software developer to help us build innovative technology applications for modeling and simulation systems. The software solutions we develop on our team have an important impact on US Department of Defense systems and we are passionate about doing our part to keep the country safe. You'll be joining our hardworking team of algorithm developers, software engineers, and radar enthusiasts who love working together to craft creative solutions to complex challenges. You will contribute to a variety of interesting software projects in a team environment that fosters inclusion and diversity of thought.
As a Software Engineer...
- Your primary responsibility will be to develop electronic warfare simulation and modeling software.
- You will collaborate with a diverse team of engineers and analysts to build new applications, algorithms, software.
- You will participate in the full software life cycle. You will help with defining the requirements, designing & developing the software, integrating, and testing.
You meet our minimum qualifications for the job if you...
- Possess a BS degree in computer engineering, computer science, or a related field.
- Have an established track record of software engineering experience specifically with C++ 11/14/17.
- Are willing, able and passionate about learning new concepts and growing your personal skill set.
- Are able to obtain an Interim Secret security clearance and can ultimately obtain a Secret level clearance. If selected, you will be subject to a government security clearance investigation and must meet the requirements for access to classified information. Eligibility requirements include U.S. citizenship.
You'll go above and beyond our minimum requirements if...
- You possess a MS or PhD in a related technical field.
- Are familiar with Java, MatLab, Python
- Have experience with other simulation frameworks such as AFSIM, HLA, DIS
- Have experience working with GIS, Tracking and Filtering, Data Fusion
- Strong background in statistics
- You have previously worked in RF or Electronic Warfare.
Why work at APL?
The Johns Hopkins University Applied Physics Laboratory (APL) brings world-class expertise to our nation’s most critical defense, security, space and science challenges. With a wide selection of challenging, impactful work and a robust education assistance program, APL promotes a culture of life-long learning. Our employees enjoy generous benefits and healthy work/life balance. APL’s campus is located in the Baltimore-Washington metro area. Learn more about our career opportunities at www.jhuapl.edu/careers.
APL is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.