Job TitleRegistered Nurse
Position StatusPart Time
DepartmentDT VC Student Success & DT VC Academic Affairs
Provides advanced first aid care and temporary treatment for illnesses and injuries.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Instructs classes in cardiopulmonary resuscitation and first aid
• Maintains record of persons treated and prepares accident reports
• Assumes responsibility of the health center in the absence of the director
• Renders first aid to stabilize the patient for transport or more extensive care
• Provides treatment of temporary illnesses
• Records temperature, pulse, respiration and blood pressure
• Maintains concise and complete records of health center visits
• Assists with clinics for disease detection and prevention
• Attends the workplace regularly, reports to work punctually and follows a work schedule to keep up with the demands of the worksite
• Completes all required training and professional development sessions sponsored through Tarrant County College (TCC)
• Supports the values of the College: diversity, teaching excellence, student success, innovation and creativity and service to the College
The duties listed are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the position. The job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the job change.
Required Education, Experience, Certifications, Licensures
• Successful completion of an accredited nursing program
• Current Registered Nurse licensure in Texas or a compact state (an RN holding a compact license in another state must obtain Texas licensure within 90 days of hire)
• Current Basic Life Support (BLS) for healthcare providers
• Two (2) years of nursing experience
• Experience with computerized systems
• Proficiency with word processing, spreadsheet and presentation software
• Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills
• Registered Nurse License
Desired Education, Experience, Certifications, Licensures
• Experience in school, occupational or emergency nursing
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties and responsibilities.
Special Instructions Summary
May include weekend and evening hours.
This is a district pooled position, it is important to select a campus preference if you have one.
For more campus-specific information please call:
Northeast Campus 817-515-6056
Northwest Campus 817-515-7672
South Campus 817-515-4531
Southeast Campus 817-515-3591
Trinity River Campus 817-515-1059
ContactElizabeth Lowry;Tina Ingram; Angela Virgin; Monica Hayes; Crystal Martz
*firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org