Job TitleFinancial Aid Assistant
Position StatusFull Time
Assignment LengthThis field only applies to Faculty
DepartmentDT Financial Aid
Serve as primary receptionist for current and prospective students for the Financial Aid Office. Assist students with applying for financial aid and understanding how to receive financial aid.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Serve as primary receptionist for current and prospective students for the Financial Aid Office
• Assist students with applying for financial aid and understanding how to receive financial aid
• Files financial aid records and reports, posts information to records, sorts and distributes mail, answers telephone, and performs similar duties
• Computes amounts and checks totals on various financial aid reconciliation reports
• Types on or from specialized financial aid forms
• Inputs and retrieves financial aid information in Colleague system in connection with the responsibilities of serving financial aid students
• Makes copies of completed work
• Attends the workplace regularly, reports to work punctually and follows a work schedule to keep up with the demands of the worksite
• Completes all required training and professional development sessions sponsored through Tarrant County College (TCC)
• Supports the values of the College: diversity, teaching excellence, student success, innovation and creativity and service to the College
• Supports the mission, values and 3 goals and 8 principles of the College
The duties listed are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the position. The job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the job change.
Required Education, Experience, Certifications, Licensures
• High School diploma or General Equivalency Diploma (GED)
• One (1) year of experience in supporting and serving customers
• Experience with computerized systems
• Proficiency with word processing, spreadsheet and presentation software
• Familiarity with higher education and College financial aid programs
• Excellent communication skills
Desired Education, Experience, Certifications, Licensures
• Two (2) years of customer service office experience
• Experience working within a campus setting
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties and responsibilities.
Special Instructions Summary
Applicants must be available to work between the hours of 10:00 am – 7:00 pm at least one day per week. Occasional weekend hours required during peak times.