Job TitleTCC Connect eFaculty Coach
Position StatusPart Time
DepartmentCN VP Academic Operations
The TCC Connect Campus eFaculty Coach assists online faculty by utilizing all appropriate College resources, materials, and educational technologies available to compliment the teaching and learning process. Reports to Director of Academic Affairs, TCC Connect Campus.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Assists with discipline assessment activities, effective communication, online presence, and virtual classroom observations
• Completes and submits weekly data reports for assigned course load
• Utilizes data and applies current best practices to provide pedagogical support to online faculty
• Provides feedback and coaching to online faculty in the administration of the virtual classroom
• Identifies instructor training needs or improvement opportunities using checklists, rubrics, and compliance documents. Observations include consideration of grades, feedback, communication, and online presence/ engagement.
• Ensures course compliance with ADA, Section 508, Department of Education, THECB, SACS, and other applicable entities
• Attends the workplace regularly, reports to work punctually and follows a work schedule to keep up with the demands of the worksite
• Completes all required training and professional development sessions sponsored through Tarrant County College (TCC)
• Supports the values of the College: diversity, teaching excellence, student success, innovation and creativity and service to the College
• Supports the mission, values and 3 goals and 8 principles of the College
The duties listed are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the position. The job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the job change.
Required Education, Experience, Certifications, Licensures
• Master’s degree from a regionally accredited college or university
• Three (3) years of experience in course/ instructional design
• Three (3) years of experience teaching online
• Experience in faculty coaching, mentoring, or development
Desired Education, Experience, Certifications, Licensures
• Eighteen (18) graduate hours from a regionally accredited college or university completed in one of the following disciplines: Accounting, Biology, Economics, English, Government, History, Math
• Experience working with Learning Management Systems (e.g., Blackboard)
• Proficient in Excel
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties and responsibilities.
Special Instructions Summary
This is an on-call position, maximum 19.5 hrs. per week. On-call work schedules may vary based on individual campus/departmental needs.