Job TitleInstructional Associate - Mathematics
Position StatusPart Time
DepartmentSO Mathematics & Natural Scie
Performs instructional tasks in a laboratory setting. Assists students through tutoring and teaching.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Discusses assigned teaching area with classroom teacher to coordinate instructional efforts
• Maintains and checks out to students, equipment used for field production
• Plans, prepares, and develops various teaching aids and materials
• Maintains software on lab computers and liaison with Academic Computing for lab workstations
• Provides secretarial duties for program bids and purchase orders, program record-keeping for files and advisory committee minutes
• Assists students, individually or in groups, with lesson assignments to present or reinforce learning concepts
• Researches equipment for purchases
• Delegates work duties to work-study student assistants
• Previews, orders and maintains inventories of equipment, instructional materials and supplies
• Plans, prepares, develops and maintains various teaching aids or materials
• Attends the workplace regularly, reports to work punctually and follows a work schedule to keep up with the demands of the worksite
• Completes all required training and professional development sessions sponsored through Tarrant County College (TCC)
• Supports the values of the College: diversity, teaching excellence, student success, innovation and creativity and service to the College
• Supports the mission, values and 3 goals and 8 principles of the College
The duties listed are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the position. The job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the job change.
Required Education, Experience, Certifications, Licensures
• Bachelor’s degree with courses in the specialized field from a regionally accredited college or university and two (2) years of work experience; or any equivalent combination of education, training, certification, and related experience
• Proficiency with word processing, spreadsheet and presentation software
• Excellent customer service skills
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Experience working with computerized systems
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties and responsibilities.
Special Instructions Summary
This is an on-call position, maximum 19.5 hrs. per week. On-call work schedules may vary based on individual campus/departmental needs.