Job TitleInstructional Aide - Upward Bound
Position StatusPart Time
DepartmentDT Assoc VC Student Success
Performs a variety of clerical and office duties and tasks to assist instructional faculty, staff, students and visitors.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Maintains student records and files
• Types and reproduces class materials
• Maintains inventory of supplies
• Receives visitors and answers phone
• Organizes and maintains test files
• Administers and grades examinations
• Prepares reports and responds to requests for information
• Explains and demonstrates machines used in the area
• Assists students, individually or in groups, with lesson assignments to present or reinforce learning concepts
• Maintains equipment and materials used within the department
• Maintains room in clean, orderly manner and provides strict security and accountability
• Attends the workplace regularly, reports to work punctually and follows a work schedule to keep up with the demands of the worksite
• Completes all required training and professional development sessions sponsored through Tarrant County College (TCC)
• Supports the values of the College: diversity, teaching excellence, student success, innovation and creativity and service to the College
• Supports the mission, values and 3 goals and 8 principles of the College
The duties listed are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the position. The job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the job change.
Required Education, Experience, Certifications, Licensures
• High School diploma or General Equivalency Diploma (GED)
• Three (3) months of related experience and/or training
• Proficiency with word processing, spreadsheet and presentation software
• Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills
• * Courses in the specialized field or equivalent knowledge and experience
Desired Education, Experience, Certifications, Licensures
• One year of successful college completion
• Experience working with high school students
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties and responsibilities.
Special Instructions Summary
This is an on-call position, maximum 19.5 hrs. per week. On-call work schedules may vary based on the individual campus needs. Applicants must be able to work a flexible schedule. Occasional evening and weekend hours required during peak times.