Job TitleSenior Office Assistant - Registrar
Position StatusPart Time
Compiles data and operates computer in performance of a variety of clerical duties to maintain business records and reports.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Types reports, business correspondence, application forms, shipping tickets, and other material
• Files records and reports, posts information to records, sorts and distributes mail, answers telephone, and performs similar duties
• Computes amounts and checks totals on report forms or bills
• Types on or from specialized forms
• Inputs and retrieves information on computers in connection with the responsibilities of the particular office
• Makes copies of completed work
• Attends the workplace regularly, reports to work punctually and follows a work schedule to keep up with the demands of the worksite
• Completes all required training and professional development sessions sponsored through Tarrant County College (TCC)
• Supports the values of the College: diversity, teaching excellence, student success, innovation and creativity and service to the College
• Supports the mission, values and 3 goals and 8 principles of the College
The duties listed are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the position. The job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the job change.
Required Education, Experience, Certifications, Licensures
• High school diploma or General Equivalency Diploma (GED)
• One (1) year of successful office experience
• Type a minimum of 30 wpm *
• Experience with computerized systems
• Proficiency with word processing, spreadsheet and presentation software
• Excellent communication skills
• Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills
- Three (3) years of related experience may be substituted for the typing requirement
Desired Education, Experience, Certifications, Licensures
• Associate’s degree or 60 college hours from a regionally accredited college or university
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties and responsibilities.
Special Instructions Summary
This is an on-call position, maximum 19.5 hrs. per week. On-call work schedules may vary based on the individual campus needs. Applicants must be able to work a flexible schedule. Occasional evening and weekend hours required during peak times.