An incumbent may perform any combination of the below listed accountabilities:
1. Assists dentist during patient treatment procedures. Keeps oral areas clean by using suction devices, water sprays, and retraction. Passes instruments to dentist as needed.
2. Mixes dental materials, such as sealants, composites, amalgams, etc.
3. Exposes, develops, and mounts x-rays.
4. Sterilizes and maintains instruments and equipment, using autoclave and chemicals.
5. Maintains inventory and requisitions supplies.
6. Communicates with and supports patients to assure understanding of dental treatment processes.
7. Greets patients and answers telephones.
8. Performs related clerical work, records patient information, and maintains patient files.
9. Performs other related duties as required.