Position TitleMass Communication (TV Video Production) Adjunct Faculty
Open Internally or ExternallyExternal
If faculty, tenure track statusNot Applicable
Reports to (title)Associate Dean
DepartmentCommunication (School of Arts, Comm & Media)-2T1
Position TypeOne Semester Temporary
Job CategoryAdjunct - Variable
Initial Work LocationVaries
Starting SalaryCurrent Adjunct Rate
Job Open Date09/01/2014
Open Until FilledNo
Teaches one to three sections of lower-division Mass COMM classes. Reports pedagogical problems and classroom management to the COMM department coordinator. Student complaints and teacher absences should be reported to the Division Office.
Essential Responsibilities and Duties
1. Teaches one-to-three sections of lower-division Mass COMM classes, mostly 1800, 2200 and 2310.
2. Follows the course curriculum outline, prepares & delivers lectures and other classroom activities.
3. Prepares and administers student evaluations.
4. Keeps accurate classroom records.
5. Coordinates Student ADA accommodation requests following college policy and procedures.
6. Answer student questions and provide necessary feedback on student progress.
7. Follows SLCC policies and procedures.
8. Keeps minimal office hours.
9. Completes all required training in a timely manner.
10. Supports department assessment initiatives.
11. Participate and collaborate with SLCC Mass Communication Center (MCC) Director to produce and contribute student-produced media.
12. Meets College and department deadlines and evaluates student work in a timely manner including submitting final grades on time.
13. Demonstrate and supports professional commitment to division, school and college mission and values.
A master’s degree in Mass COMM or a closely related field, and experience teaching Mass COMM classes at a college level. Current industry experience in video, broadcast TV, broadcast news, and or studio production required.
A bachelor’s degree in Mass COMM and some college level teaching experience. Significant, current industry experience in video, broadcast TV, broadcast news, and or studio production will be considered.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
Knowledge of Mass COMM theories, TV studio and field production, TV news reporting, video editing, lighting and audio recording. An understanding of journalism and related disciplines is preferable.
This posting is for ongoing recruiting where the submitted applications are reviewed by the hiring department when positions become available.
Please attach resume or curriculum vitae, copy of transcripts, document containing a URL/link to a demo reel or portfolio, and other documents for consideration
As directed by SLCC Policy, Adjunct positions are semester-by-semester contract with no guarantee of continued employment.
Official Transcripts are required for those who are offered employment only.