1. Recruiting of talent to compete in the Illinois Skyway Conference and the NJCAA.
2. Retain recruited student-athletes through graduation and into the next level of competition.
3. Organize and coordinate total program and give support and cooperation to all levels of sports at Prairie State College.
4. Be available to the surrounding communities and feeder high schools to contribute to public relations in a supportive manner.
5. Formulate goals and behavioral objectives for sport season.
6. Remain abreast of current information and innovative ideas and techniques by attending clinics and workshops, and through professional reading.
7. Possess adequate understanding of by-laws and regulations as defined by the NJCAA, including rules and rule changes.
8. Implement proper procedures for the following as defined by NJCAA regulations and the Prairie State College Athletic Department policies:
a. Pre-season conditioning
b. In-season organization
c. Post-season involvement
d. Summer involvement
9. Implement and support departmental and institutional policies and regulations.
10. Demonstrate professionalism in all dealings with student-athletes, parents, staff members, administration, media and the public.
11. Demonstrate a real commitment to the success of student-athletes.
12. Responsible for overseeing all of the program’s fundraising efforts throughout the year.
13. Develop and maintain record keeping system for respective sport and affiliated programs.
14. Perform affiliated duties assigned, as deemed appropriate by the Director of Athletics, in addition to the delineated responsibilities.
15. Represent the college in national and regional coaching associations and organizations affiliated with the program.
16. Responsible for obtaining Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) to assist athletic department in providing transportation to and from contests.