Salary $74.06 - $80.09 Hourly
Location Lancaster, CA
Job Type Adjunct-Classroom
Department Physical Ed & Athletics Inst.
Job Number RN19-116
ANTICIPATED START DATE Continuous - Establishing a pool
ADDITIONAL REQUIRED DOCUMENTS
Transcripts for all Degrees
Two Letters of Recommendation
Adjunct instructors are hired on a semester basis and are paid per lecture hour equivalent (LHE). Minimum - $74.06 (less than a masters) and Maximum - $80.09 (Doctorate)
Adjunct Instructors are temporary, part-time faculty. Antelope Valley College invites applications for our applicant pool for Coaching discipline.
As an instructor in the growing Kinesiology/Athletics Education division, you will become a member of a student-oriented division whose primary focus is helping students attain their career goals.
- Instruct students in the assigned discipline
- Assignment may include teaching courses during the day, evening, online courses, and/or off-campus sites.
Applicant must meet one of the following requirements
- Most current Minimum Qualifications for Faculty in Californian Community College: Any bachelor's degree or higher AND two years of professional experience, OR any associate degree AND six years of professional experience.
- Antelope Valley College Equivalency: No Antelope Valley College Equivalency
- Experience as a track coach at the professional, college, high school, or club level.
- Experience teaching and/or coaching at a California community college.
- Coach and administer the track program including budget management, maintenance of effective media/public relations, recruitment of student athletes, scheduling of contests, supervision of coaching aides, and coordination of all aspects of practice and competition.
- Promote the achievement of academic success by those student athletes participating in the track program and oversee their involvement in the division’s drug screening/education and academic support programs.
- Know and abide by the regulations of the California Community College Athletic Association.
- Be involved in fundraising, marketing, and promotion as needed.
AND a sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, and ethnic backgrounds of community college students (Assembly Bill 1725; Education Code 87360).
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER:
Antelope Valley College prohibits discrimination and harassment based on race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, marital status, sex, age, or sexual orientation. Upon request, we will consider reasonable accommodations to permit individuals with protected disabilities to (a) complete the employment or admission process, (b) perform essential job functions, (c) enjoy benefits and privileges of similarly-situated individuals without disabilities, and (d) participate in instruction, programs, services, activities, or events.
Annual Security Report is provided by Antelope Valley College for prospective students and employees. A copy of this report is available at http://www.avc.edu/administration/police/