Are you passionate about space?
Do you like contributing to space flight missions?
Are you looking for meaningful work in spacecraft power electronics?
If so, we're looking for someone like you to join our team at APL.
We are seeking a Power Electronics Engineer to help us develop power electronics hardware for space flight missions. You will be joining a dedicated team of engineers that conceive, design, assemble, test, and fly spacecraft power components and systems.
As a Spacecraft Power Electronics Engineer…
- Your primary responsibility will be to design, analyze, test and deliver space flight power electronics.
- You will define and develop ground support equipment products to support flight hardware verification
- You will perform technical trade studies
- You will develop and verify hardware requirements
- You will lead produce drawing packages, in concert with related disciplines
- You will provide Manufacturing support for your hardware builds
- You will test and troubleshoot the designs you develop
- You will measure and document hardware performance
You meet our minimum qualifications for the job if you…
- Hold a Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering.
- Have 8+ years of experience developing spacecraft power hardware.
- Are skilled in the design, production and test of power electronics.
- Are familiarity with radiation tolerant and space-qualified parts selection.
- Have experience performing SPICE simulation, worst case analysis, derating analysis.
You'll go above and beyond our minimum requirements if you...
- Hold a Master’s Degree in Electrical Engineering.
- Have experience leading a hardware development team.
- Have experience using Mentor Graphics Expedition.
Why work at APL?
The Johns Hopkins University Applied Physics Laboratory (APL) brings world-class expertise to our nation’s most critical defense, security, space and science challenges. While we are dedicated to solving complex challenges and pioneering new technologies, what makes us truly outstanding is our culture. We offer a vibrant, welcoming atmosphere where you can bring your authentic self to work, continue to grow, and build strong connections with inspiring teammates.
At APL, we celebrate our differences and encourage creativity and bold, new ideas. Our employees enjoy generous benefits, including a robust education assistance program, unparalleled retirement contributions, and a healthy work/life balance. APL’s campus is located in the Baltimore-Washington metro area. Learn more about our career opportunities at www.jhuapl.edu/careers.
- Primary Mission Area: Civil Space
- Requisition ID: 24255
- Security Clearance Required on Start Date: Clearance not required
- Final Security Clearance Required: Not Required