Do you love working with collaborative and dedicated teams on RF and Analog systems projects across a problem space that ranges from high-reliability missile-borne to rapid prototyping? Do you like solving technical challenges while contributing to the security of our nation?
If so, we're looking for someone like you to join our team at APL.
We are seeking a creative RF/Analog Engineer to design, test, and integrate Position, Navigation and Timing (PNT) based systems. You will join an engaged team where you will utilize your RF and Analog engineering skills to support all phases of a project including concept / requirements development, electrical design, hardware development, test-station development, laboratory testing, field testing, and system integration.
As an RF/Analog Engineer you will...
- Design, develop, analyze, prototype, simulate and test RF/Analog circuits and systems, ranging from flight-qualified electronics to rapid prototypes. Design areas include filters, low noise amplifiers (LNAs), mixers, phase-locked loops (PLLs), frequency synthesizers, power amplifiers, and DC-to-DC converters.
- Coordinate fabrication, assembly and test of hardware systems.
- Document and perform test procedures, analyze test results and generate test reports.
- Collaborate with a wide range of engineering fields such as digital signal processing, embedded systems, sensor fusion, software engineering and systems engineering.
You meet our minimum qualifications for the job if you…
- Have a bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering or other related technical field, with demonstrated ability in RF and Analog hardware design, test, and integration.
- Have the ability to operate test and measurement equipment, for example multimeters, signal generators, oscilloscopes, spectrum analyzers, network analyzers, power meters, noise figure analyzers, and signal source analyzers.
- Have experience with acceptance and qualification environmental testing, including thermal cycling, thermal vacuum, vibration, shock and EMI/EMC testing.
- Are capable of crafting accurate, detailed, professional reports and presentations to clearly convey ideas to other technical team members and leaders.
- Can effectively multi-task across concurrent projects.
- Are willing and able to support travel to meetings and field tests for an average of four weeks per year and perform occasional assignments outside normal working hours.
- Are able to obtain an Interim Secret level security clearance by your start date and can ultimately obtain a final Secret level clearance. If selected, you will be subject to a government security clearance investigation and must meet the requirements for access to classified information. Eligibility requirements include U.S. citizenship.
You’ll go above and beyond our minimum requirements if you…
- Have experience designing and testing flight hardware for harsh environments.
- Have experience performing worst case analysis and part stress analysis.
- Are familiar with configuration control management, quality assurance standards and requirements development.
- Have experience using Xpedition Enterprise (Mentor Graphics), Altium, Agilent ADS, ICAP, OrCAD, MATLAB, Genesys.
- Have experience writing test automation scripts.
- Are familiar with mixed signal designs.
- Have previous experience working at L-Band or S-Band frequency ranges.
- Hold an active Secret level clearance.
Why work at APL?
The Johns Hopkins University Applied Physics Laboratory (APL) brings world-class expertise to our nation’s most critical defense, security, space and science challenges. While we are dedicated to solving complex challenges and pioneering new technologies, what makes us truly outstanding is our culture. We offer a vibrant, welcoming atmosphere where you can bring your authentic self to work, continue to grow, and build strong connections with inspiring teammates. At APL, we celebrate our differences and encourage creativity and bold, new ideas. Our employees enjoy generous benefits, including a robust education assistance program, unparalleled retirement contributions, and a healthy work/life balance. APL’s campus is located in the Baltimore-Washington metro area. Learn more about our career opportunities at http://www.jhuapl.edu/careers.
- Primary Mission Area: Strategic Deterrence
- Requisition ID: 24433
- Security Clearance Required on Start Date: Interim Secret
- Final Security Clearance Required: Secret