Job TitleAssistant Director of Video Support Services
Position StatusFull Time
Assignment LengthThis field only applies to Faculty
Pay RateCommensurate with education and experience
LocationTrinity River, District
DepartmentDT Technical Processing
Assists in directing and coordinating all activities of the Video Support Services (VSS) program.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Assists in the management of all programs of VSS including video production, videoconferencing, and video broadcasting.
• Acts as Director in the Director of Video Support Services’ absence.
• Conducts all department procurement
• Serves as lead and subject management expert on both interdepartmental and cross department project management
• Manages District Digital Signage staff and operations, related computer applications, and servers
• Manages and maintains District Video On Demand application, servers, storage, and related computer and electronic systems
• Is responsible for maintenance and installation of video broadcast systems throughout the district
• Is responsible for the operation, development, and maintenance of Master Control
• Assists with Video Production as needed
• Tests and performs regular maintenance and repairs on system equipment; runs bench tests; troubleshoots live broadcast and streaming webcast setups
• Maintains records of maintenance repair and installation of equipment
• Receives equipment and installs television production and Educational Broadband Service (E.
B. S.) equipment; installs and maintains any television or proprietary setups around the district on all main campuses, and satellite campuses
• Attends the workplace regularly, reports to work punctually and follows a work schedule to keep up with the demands of the worksite
• Completes all required training and professional development sessions sponsored through Tarrant County College (TCC)
• Supports the values of the College: diversity, teaching excellence, student success, innovation and creativity and service to the College
• Supports the mission, values and 3 goals and 8 principles of the College
The duties listed are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the position. The job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the job change.
Required Education, Experience, Certifications, Licensures
• Bachelor’s degree in media/electronics or a related field from a regionally accredited college or university and three (3) years of experience in an academic video services program; or any equivalent combination of education, training, certification, and related experience
• IP and analog video, streaming and video-on-demand experience
• Experience with computerized systems such as Microsoft Office, VMware Vsphere, Windows Server, OSX and Linux servers
Desired Education, Experience, Certifications, Licensures
• Society of Broadcast Engineers Certifications
• Infocomm Certified Technology Specialist Certification
• Crestron Certifications
Knowledge, Skills and Ability
• Knowledge of microwave transmitters, digital video decks, switchers, cameras, and general studio maintenance
• Management Software, and other relevant video software
• Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties and responsibilities.