Job TitleAdjunct Instructor, Advanced Manufacturing/Equipment Technician
Bachelor’s Degree in Advanced Manufacturing, Electrical Engineering, or relevant field.
Five years of experience in industrial or manufacturing operations, automation, maintenance, troubleshooting and safety.
Five years of technical training experience in manufacturing, maintenance, safety, or continuous improvement.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
1. Knowledge and understanding or demonstrated ability to understand technical principles relevant to the assigned class or classes to include electronics, mechanical components, industrial electricity and programmable logic controllers, robotics, operation and troubleshooting of automated equipment.
2. Evidence of strong interpersonal skills, organizational skills, and effective oral and written communication skills.
3. Excellent problem-solving and critical-thinking skills.
4. Ability to manage multiple tasks and meet deadlines.
5. Ability to think creatively and put ideas into action.
6. Ability to make presentations to classroom audiences at an appropriate level.
7. Computer proficiency in desktop office applications.
8. Personal integrity, honesty, and the ability to maintain confidentiality.
9. Understanding of the mission, goals, and objectives of a community college.
10. Working knowledge of the business and industry community within Durham and Orange counties preferred.
1. Meet with class for assigned hours and deliver relevant instruction in lecture and lab settings.
2. Collaborate with local industry, internal and external partners to determine training needs, and participate in developing and delivering training that meets those needs.
3. Provide instruction for courses in advanced manufacturing, customized training for business and industry, and training support to other workforce programs as available.
4. Communicate course expectations to students in a consistent and understandable manner, e.g., by developing course outlines and establishing learning outcomes consistent with college policies.
5. Maintain accurate course records.
6. Prepare, review, and update course outlines.
7. Ensure course content is meeting industry standards.
8. Assist in maintenance of safe and orderly instructional spaces as needed, including advanced manufacturing lab equipment. Training conducted at Durham Technical Community College and at employer Sites.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position. The physical and mental demands described as follows are representative of those that must be met by an employee in performing the essential functions of this job:
• Ability to sit and/or stand for long periods of time.
• Ability to lift, at times, 25 lbs.
• Good eye/hand dexterity.
Required Working HoursBased on class schedule
Job TypeAdjunct Faculty
Hiring RangeNegotiable based on corporate contract rate
Open Until FilledYes