University of Southern California, Keck School of Medicine Department of Radiology is looking for a Postdoctoral Research Associate to join its MR Imaging Research Program. We are committed to establishing a program focused on cutting-edge MR imaging research. The main focus of this position will be on the development of advanced artificial intelligence techniques for the optimization of MR data acquisition and analysis towards clinical applications such as diagnosis, prognosis, and early detection of cardiovascular, body and neurological diseases. Successful candidates will have the opportunity to collaborate with a multidisciplinary team of physicians, imaging scientists, medical physicists, and data scientists, and will also be encouraged to pursue new research directions. Candidates will develop new machine learning methods for assigned projects and presents scientific work for journals and conferences; assist in preparing grant applications, participate in other collaborative projects and supervise PhD and master students.
We have excellent infrastructure and resources within the department and on the Health Sciences Campus available for motivated research staff, such as state-of-the-art human imaging systems (e.g. 1.5T Sola, 3T Vida, 3T Prisma, 7T Terra from Siemens), small animal PET-MR facility, Radiomics Lab, and 4D Quantitative Imaging Lab.
- PhD in electrical engineering, computer science, biomedical engineering, bioinformatics, mathematics, physics or a related field within the past 5 years.
- Prior experience with machine learning, deep learning development.
- Strong programming skills with Python, Matlab, C++, Tensorflow, Keras.
- Outstanding academic research record as evidenced by high-impact journal publications and conference presentations.
- A solid understanding of MR image acquisition, reconstruction and post-processing would be advantageous.
- Excellent communication and written skills in English.
Minimum Education: Ph.D. or equivalent doctorate within previous five years
Minimum Experience: 0-1 year
Minimum Field of Expertise: Directly related education in research specialization with advanced knowledge of equipment, procedures and analysis methods. Strong background in computer programming, mathematical modeling is required.