About Alabama A&M University :
Alabama A&M University (AAMU), an 1890 Land-Grant institution located in the high-tech center of Huntsville in northern Alabama, invites applications for the positions listed below. Situated in the northeast quadrant of the city of 200,000, the hillside campus is just four miles away from downtown Huntsville. AAMU offers its 6,100-student population a wide range of course offerings under the College of Agriculture, Life and Natural Sciences; College of Business and Public Affairs; College of Education, Humanities and Behavioral Sciences and College of Engineering, Technology and Physical Science. The School of Graduate Studies serves about 1,400 and offers doctoral degree programs in Applied Physics, Food Science, Plant/Soil Science and Reading/Literacy.
The Soil Microbial Biochemistry Laboratory in the Department of Biological and Environmental Sciences at Alabama A&M University is seeking a postdoctoral research scientist with expertise in soil microbiology & biochemistry to support a currently funded project focused on microbial bioprospecting and bio additives for soil stabilization. Project efforts will be focused on enzymatically produce Ca-phosphate, Casulfate, Ca-carbonates and bio-based soil additives to strengthen earthen structures, and (2) performing soil bio stabilization with enzymatically released minerals [calcium, magnesium, iron, manganese, and aluminum], phosphorylation, sulfurylation, carbonation.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Specifically, seeking scientists with knowledge, experience, or interests in the following areas: design, operation, data analysis of laboratory and field experiments, and modeling of soil microbial processes and properties.
Minimum Position Requirements (including years of experience, certifications, licenses, etc.):
- Ph.D. in soil science, microbiology, chemistry, or related engineering field
- Experience in the areas of soil science, microbiology, chemistry, or environmental engineering
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge of analytical laboratory instrumentations is a plus
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Self-motivated individual with initiative to take direction without requiring direction
- Able to work in a collaborative environment on team-based research preferred
- Knowledge of soil microbial and biochemical processes
- Ability to independently design, set up, and conduct laboratory and field experiments
- Able to produce scientific presentations and peer-reviewed manuscripts with limited supervision
- Strong analytical and modeling skills
- Able to work in a collaborative environment on team-based research.
The salary for each position is based on the grade/tier in which the position is placed, and the salary within the grade/tier is based on the number of years of related experience or number of years in the hiring rank.
CLOSING DATE: Open Until Filled
Alabama A&M University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
Alabama A&M University encourages applications for employment from persons who are members of groups that have been underrepresented based on race, color, national origin, gender, age, or disability.
Please submit the following documents online
- Employment Application
- Cover letter
- Unofficial transcript (if applicable)
Already have an AAMU Employment Account? Login to add documents or update your account.