Post-Doctoral Research Associate - Entomology & Plant Path - Res - 2100000076
Post-Doctoral Research Associate - Entomology & Plant Path - Res
The department of Entomology and Plant Pathology announces a full time regular Postdoctoral Research Associate position located in Knoxville, TN as part of the University of Tennessee Institute of Agriculture. This position will build on recent advances in bioinformatic/analytical software developed for analyses of next-generation sequencing data. The postdoc will leverage genomic and metagenomic data to understand plant-pathogen interactions within the context of host-associated metagenomes. Using sweetpotato and maize populations, studies will be performed under growth chamber and field conditions. The goals include understanding the genetic basis and molecular mechanisms underlying plant-microbe interactions, implementing a metagenome-assisted GWAS/QTL analysis and genomic prediction approach, and studying the impact of host genetics on metagenome/microbiome dynamics. This position is available for one year and is renewable contingent upon performance and availability of funding. The position is available February 1, 2021 and will remain open until a suitable candidate has been found.
Responsibilities of postdoctoral fellow include the following:
- Independently plan and conduct research studies.
- The postdoc will work as part of a team and will have the opportunity to mentor graduate and undergraduate students.
- Analyze and publish existing data sets.
Perform other duties as assigned
- A PhD in genetics, genomics, plant breeding, computational biology, or related discipline.
- Skills and experience in nextgeneration sequence data analysis, molecular biology, and ability to use bioinformatic software and tools are desirable.
- Effective at written and oral communication.
- Ability to work in the US
Range: 36k-60k depending on experience
Entomology & Plant Path - Res
Campus/Institute Institute of Agriculture
Feb 11, 2021, 9:37:05 AM