University of Colorado | CU Anschutz Medical Campus
School of Medicine - Department of Radiology
Business Services Program Manager – Finance and Payroll Manager
Position #00779348 – Requisition #20151
* Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers *
The University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus seeks individuals with demonstrated commitment to creating an inclusive learning and working environment. We value the ability to engage effectively with students, faculty and staff of diverse backgrounds.
The Department of Radiology in the School of Medicine has an opening for a full-time University Staff (unclassified) Finance and Payroll Manager position.
The University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus is a public education, clinical and research facility serving 4,500 students, and a world-class medical destination at the forefront of life-changing science, medicine, and healthcare. CU Anschutz offers more than 42 highly rated degree programs through 6 schools and colleges, and receives over $500 million in research awards each year. We are the single largest health professions education provider in Colorado, awarding nearly 1,450 degrees annually. Powered by our award-winning faculty, renowned researchers and a reputation for academic excellence, the CU Anschutz Medical Campus drives innovation from the classroom to the laboratory to the delivery of unparalleled patient care. Read CU Anschutz Quick Facts here .
The University of Colorado Denver l Anschutz Medical Campus is seeking applications for a Finance/Payroll Manager. This full-time, University Staff (non-classified) position will provide high-level fiscal/payroll management to the Department of Radiology, in the University of Colorado, School of Medicine. This position is responsible for navigating financial systems and administrative activities between the University of Colorado (CU), University of Colorado Medicine, (CU Medicine), University of Colorado Hospital (UCH) and Children’s Hospital Colorado (CHCO). This position supports decisions made by the Chair and the Director of Finance and Administration by performing a variety of finance and business tasks including, but not limited to, the Department of Radiology’s operating and restricted accounts, grants and contracts and clinical research. This position is involved in determining and implementing strategies for job analysis/evaluation, recruitment and retention of Department Faculty and Staff. Additionally, this role will ensure compliance with FLSA and State personnel laws, rules, regulations, procedures, and guidelines.
Examples of Work Performed:
Financial & Payroll Management:
- Prepares biannual incentive calculation for providers.
- Prepares and enters monthly additional pay and moonlighting.
- Manages and verifies monthly the funding distributions for employees of the department.
- Prepares and enters monthly time collection.
- Manages financial modeling of the clinical enterprise with a working knowledge of WRVU, clinical FTEs, net patient income and various assessments
- Designs, manages and maintains Financial and HR databases.
- Manages and tracks faculty clinical FTE’s, academic accounts, and leave accruals.
- Tracks recruitment incentives/deferred incentives on a monthly basis for payroll processing.
- Manipulates raw data and creates various financial reports as needed.
- Monitors and evaluates UCD expense reports, department travel request forms, and payment vouchers created by administrative staff for accuracy and compliance.
- Manages all recruitment relocation incentive reimbursements.
Human Resources Management:
- Manages all International Visa Administration (including J1, H1B, F1 and Permanent Resident) applications for all faculty, postdoctoral fellows, research associates and students that require work authorization.
- Coordinates and processes new hire documentation, including: I9 Employment Verifications, background check processing, new employee orientation, etc.
- Oversees and logs time collection for monthly and biweekly employees ensuring that funding is available and accurately entered.
- Approves and enters data into the Human Capital Management (HCM) System.
- Manages all types of leave tracking for Faculty and Staff.
Salary and Benefits:
The salary range (or hiring range) for this position has been established at $57,764 - $75,000.
The salary of the finalist(s) selected for this role will be set based on a variety of factors, including but not limited to, internal equity, experience, education, specialty and training.
The above salary range (or hiring range) represents the University’s good faith and reasonable estimate of the range of possible compensation at the time of posting.
This position is not eligible for overtime compensation.
Your total compensation goes beyond the number on your paycheck. The University of Colorado provides generous leave, health plans and retirement contributions that add to your bottom line.
Total Compensation Calculator: http://www.cu.edu/node/153125
Diversity and Equity:
The University will provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities throughout the employment application process. To request an accommodation pursuant to the Americans with Disabilities Act, please contact the Human Resources ADA Coordinator at email@example.com .
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.