Position TitleAdjunct Faculty, Network & Server Admin
Open Internally or ExternallyExternal
If faculty, tenure track statusNon-Tenure Track
Reports to (title)Associate Dean
Job CategoryAdjunct - Variable
Initial Work LocationTaylorsville Redwood Campus
Starting SalaryCommensurate with Experience
Job Open Date09/24/2020
Job Close Date09/24/2021
Open Until FilledNo
Essential Responsibilities and Duties
1. Provide industry standard instruction and manage students from diverse populations in an open-entry/open-exit competency-based environment.
2. Accommodate various learning styles, especially hands-on training not limited to the classroom.
3. Advise students of the program requirements and their progress through the courses. Assess student’s abilities and provide appropriate documentation and feedback. Assess and report student progress.
4. Provide an industry viewpoint to the training program so that students will be prepared to enter the work force.
5. Work with the faculty in the department for continuous improvement to the curriculum and instructional delivery.
6. Support College and School of Applied Technology policies and guidelines.
7. Complete all classroom management reports and process in a timely manner
8. Participates in faculty development activities within the department and the College.
9. Provide feedback in curricular and equipment decision and completes assignments associated with program development activities.
10. Demonstrates and supports professional commitment to division, school, and college mission and values.
11. Be proficient in the academic application/use of electronic media and online course management systems, specifically Canvas.
12. Communicates issues and/or concerns with the Department Coordinator and/or Associate Dean.
13. Other duties as assigned
Essential Responsibilities and Duties Continued
1. Become familiar with, and abide by, all college policies with immediate priority
given to those policies that govern interactions with colleagues, staff, administrators, and departments throughout the organization.
2. Maintain professional etiquette in communications with students, staff, faculty, and administrators.
3. Provides appropriate and timely feedback for all assignments.
4. Returns graded assignments in a timely fashion per department standards.
5. Maintains student attendance records (for Financial Aid purposes) and grades.
6. Conducts a variety of appropriate evaluations of student performance. Informs
students of progress to date periodically and assigns and submits grades by published deadlines.
7. Assists in maintaining a safe and mutually respectful instructional environment.
8. Follows and abides by the Code of Student Rights and Responsibilities Policy.
9. Handles/responds to student concerns/complaints and responds to student
communications and inquiries promptly (generally within 1‐2 days).
10. Maintains professional appearance as defined by the discipline and/or College
11. Completes all required employee trainings.
12. Knows and enforces FERPA guidelines.
13. Administer ADA accommodations as needed.
1. Current Microsoft Desktop, Server, Cloud, Cisco, and related certifications preferred.
2. Bachelor’s Degree in related field.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
1. Experience as an instructor in Microsoft Server/Cisco/programming technologies and other related program areas.
2. Experience teaching in competency-based open-entry/open-exit individualized adult programs.
3. Experience teaching students from diverse backgrounds.
4. Attention to details, excellent documentation, and maintenance of individualized records of student performance.
5. Excellent interpersonal, communication and organizational skills.
6. Ability to work without close supervision in a team with diverse membership.
7. Ability to work within a prescribed curriculum and departmental procedures while maintaining patience, creativity, and cooperative attitude.
8. Proficient in server technologies, introductory programming, and routing and switching systems.
Ability to communicate effectively with a broad range of diverse people, culture,
ethnic background, and abilities, to maintain good working relationships across the
College. The ability to work with all groups in a diverse academic, socioeconomic,
cultural and ethnic background of community college students, faculty and staff, including those with disabilities.
Please attach additional documents (Resume, certifications, copies of credentials or transcripts, etc.) for consideration.
1) In accordance with SLCC policy, adjunct positions are offered on a semester by semester basis with no guarantee of continued employment.
2) Official transcripts are required for those who are offered employment within in 30 days of hire.
3) In accordance with Board of Regents policy, SLCC’s Human Resources will conduct a criminal background check on instructors if concurrent enrollment (K-12)
students are assigned to classes.
This posting is ongoing recruitment posting where the department will review applications when positions become available.
Salt Lake Community College (SLCC) is fully committed to policies of equal employment and nondiscrimination. The College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, religion, protected veteran status, expression of political or personal beliefs outside of the workplace, or any other status protected under applicable federal, state, or local law.
SLCC is a participating employer with Utah Retirement Systems (“URS”).
This position may require the successful completion of a criminal background check.