Endicott is located in the beautiful seaside town of Beverly, MA - a wonderful place to work and enjoy all that the Northshore of Boston has to offer. The Department of Architectural + Design Studies is housed within the School of Visual + Performing Arts. The department’s teaching pedagogy is student centered resulting in an energetic student body and strong comradery that transcends graduation providing strong networking ties to the design profession. This close-knit community of design educators and aspiring young designers provides an atelier environment.
Endicott College Department of Architectural + Design Studies is seeking an experienced and passionate design educator to be a key contributor to a dynamic department offering degrees in Interior Architecture and our new Architectural Studies major. This Assistant Professorship appointment will be an integral team player and provide insight into emerging trends and global perspective within the design and construction of our built environment.
The Assistant Professor in Interior Architectural teaches a variety of studio, technical, and lecture courses, advises up to 25 students; participate in accreditation and assessment processes; engages in professional scholarship; collaborates on curricular development and new course proposals; assists in the development of internship relationships and student opportunities; actively engages in Admission activities, and participates in school and college-wide service.
- Terminal degree in Interior Architecture, MFA or PhD, and completion of a four – year CIDA accredited undergraduate degree in Interior Architecture / Design;
- A minimum of three years experience teaching interior architecture, BIM computer software, or building systems at the college level;
- A minimum of three years professional design experience;
- Expertise in the design of Educational, Healthcare, or Commercial Workplace Environment interior environments;
- Expertise in BIM software (REVIT | Sketch-Up) | RHINOCEROS 3D | 3DS MAX | Parametric Design for Interior Architecture required;
- National Council for Interior Design Qualification (NCIDQ) Certification required;
- LEED, WELL, or Passive House Institute certification; Familiarity with Council for Interior Design Accreditation Standards and Procedures;
- Familiarity with National Accreditation of Schools of Art + Design Standards and Procedures;
- Excellent interpersonal and collaborative skills with high interest in working with traditional undergraduate students; with proven customer service skills including flexibility, professionalism, and a helpful demeanor; Commitment to inclusive education and developing cultural competencies among students with a lens toward social justice education;
Endicott College celebrates diversity and strives to bring a mix of talented people—representing a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills—together to do their best work. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be.