Position TitleContinuing Tenure Track Faculty - Radiography
Union/Non UnionNon Union
Full Time or Part TimeFull Time
Hiring Salary RangeSalary commensurate with experience and education
Fixed Term/Tenure Track (Faculty Only)Tenure Track
Regular or TemporaryRegular
Job Description Summary
Prince George’s Community College invites applications for a full-time faculty position in Radiology beginning in Fall 2021 (pending budget approval).
Continuing Tenure Track: Faculty hired on 2-year conditional track, upon successful performance and evaluation, the hires may continue towards tenure track, and is renewable each year for two years.
- Bachelor’s degree; Master’s preferred.
- Currently registered by the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT); licensed or eligible to be licensed to practice as a medical radiation technologist in the state of Maryland.
- Two years of full-time experience as a registered radiographer.
- One year of experience as an instructor in a JRCERT accredited Radiography Program
- Experience in multiple imaging modalities (Magnetic Resonance Imaging, Computed Tomography, etc.) preferred.
The following criteria will be used to review the applications of those candidates who meet the minimum qualifications and to select those who will be invited for an interview. In addition to the criteria listed below, other information gained from, may be considered in selecting candidates to be recommended for appointment.
- Extent and relevance of professional experience to anticipated teaching assignments in Radiography.
- Evidence of knowledge of and experience in curriculum development, instructing, supervising, evaluating and advising students.
- Evidence of currency in professional discipline through continuing education and professional development.
- Evidence of ability to teach effectively within, and contribute positively to, a diverse, multi-ethnic multi-cultural student population and campus environment.
- Evidence of teaching experience in a radiological sciences program.
- Degree from an accredited institution.
- Documentation of experience and performance required.
- Unofficial transcripts must accompany application for teaching positions. Lack of transcripts may cause your application to be rejected from further consideration. Official transcripts of academic work required upon an offer of employment.
- At least three letters of reference must be job related and dated within the past three years.
- Ability to teach days, evenings, weekends or online.
- Ability to communicate effectively in spoken and written Standard English.
- As required by the 1986 Immigration Act, be prepared to present acceptable document showing your identity and that you are a U.S. citizen or alien who is authorized to work.
Is Background Check Required?Yes
Open Until FilledYes
Background Check Statement
Prince George’s Community College is committed to providing a safe campus community. PGCC conducts background investigations for applicants being considered for employment. Background investigations include reference checks, a criminal history record check, education verification, and when appropriate, a financial (credit) report or driving history check.
Special Instructions to Applicants
- Applications submitted by February 24, 2021 will receive first consideration. This position is open until filled.
- Teaching Demonstration: Candidates who are invited for an interview will be asked to demonstrate their teaching effectiveness in a simulated classroom, laboratory, or other relevant pedagogical situation, the conditions of which will be determined in advance and shared with all candidates prior to the interview.
- Letters of Recommendations: Can be uploaded during the application process or submitted prior to scheduled interview.
- Application Status: You will receive an email acknowledging receipt of your application, upon which time no further communication occurs unless selected for an interview or the position is filled. If recommended for hire, communication is immediately sent to your references listed on your application. Also, you will receive an email notification from HireRight requesting you to submit authorization to complete a background investigation.
- Please address your ability to meet the minimum qualifications and criteria in your cover letter.
The college is currently in a Modified Academic and Business Operation (MABO) model, which means some of the work is being performed from remote locations. When the conditions permit, based on CDC and College Administrator’s guidelines, employees will be required to resume their work on campus as directed by management. This position is located in the state of Maryland.