The Kentucky Community and Technical College System is the Commonwealth’s largest postsecondary institution serving more than 100,000 students through 16 colleges with more than 70 campuses. We also are Kentucky’s largest provider of workforce and online education. Through partnerships with business and industry, we align our programs to meet the needs of local employers. Our colleges are united in their commitment to making life better for our students, communities, and the citizens of Kentucky.
This position supervises all financial, budgetary, grant, and Business Office functions for the Kentucky Board of Emergency Medical Services (KBEMS).
KCTCS offers a competitive benefits package and an attractive work environment that supports excellence, innovation and creativity. Positions with the KCTCS System Office are term-contract positions, with the expectancy of continuance based on performance.
The open position is located in Lexington, Kentucky.
· Prepares, analyzes, reconciles, and reports for all KBEMS accounts according to KCTCS policies and procedures.
· Oversees proper handling of payments, refunds, failed payments, delinquent accounts, and returned payments. Prepares invoices and receipts as needed.
· Ensures that purchasing, procurement cards, and requisition procedures are followed and properly accounted.
· Initiates, maintains, reconciles, and reports on all grants in KBEMS office.
· Develops and reports monthly financial reports to the KBEMS Board and other reports as needed for subsections of the Board.
· Processes fuel accounting and mileage reports.
· Ensures compliances with KCTCS Business and Financial Policies and Procedures. Works with KCTCS to develop and revise policies as needed.
· Develops and teaches in conjunction with other KBEMS staff EMS related financial and grant related courses.
· Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Accounting, Finance, Management or a related field and two (2) years relevant experience.
· Equivalencies: High School Diploma and six (6) years relevant experience; Associate’s Degree and four (4) years relevant experience; or a Master’s Degree.
· Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Business Administration, Accounting, Finance, Management or related field and five (5) to seven (7) years relevant experience.
· Preferred to have a knowledge of Emergency Medical Services
KY law requires state and national pre-employment background checks as a condition of employment.
Initial review of applicants will begin on March 15, 2021.
Position is open until filled.
Applicants will be notified if selected for an interview.
To apply, visit https://careers.kctcs.edu/
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $37,704.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discount
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- Relevant: 2 years (Preferred)
- Only full-time employees eligible
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Temperature screenings
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place