University of Colorado – Department of Family Medicine
Primary Care Psychologist
Open Rank - Senior Instructor - Assistant Professor - Associate Professor
The University of Colorado Denver l Anschutz Medical Campus seeks individuals with demonstrated commitment to creating an inclusive learning and working environment. We value the ability to engage effectively with students, faculty and staff of diverse backgrounds.
Make a difference in the lives of patients in South Metro Denver!
The Department of Family Medicine provides primary health care, educates medical and psychology students and graduates, conducts research and engages with communities. This position will provide therapeutic evaluation and treatment of patients with psychological disorders at Family Medicine clinic(s) coordinating with multi-disciplinary clinicians to provide team-based care in a patient-centered medical home setting committed to providing equitable care to a diverse population.
The ideal candidate will have experience with integrated team-based care, with additional expertise in motivational interviewing, evidence-based psychotherapies, and working with diverse populations. Clinical skill is required for conducting assessments, brief psychotherapy, health and behavior change interventions, substance use treatment, and triage to the appropriate level of care.
- Provide consultations and recommendations for behavioral health questions and presenting concerns to family medicine providers.
- Assess, diagnose and treat behavioral, mental, and emotional conditions.
- Facilitate group visits as needed.
- Design and implement health promotion/disease prevention interventions.
- Support goal setting and patient self-management skills.
Teaching and Supervision
- Directly supervise behavioral health trainees (graduate students, psychology interns, post-doctoral fellows, and pre-licensure psychologists).
- Provide team-based care with multidisciplinary teams.
- Coach physicians in communication skills and techniques of health behavior change.
- Conduct hospital rounds as needed.
- Facilitate referrals for more significant mental health conditions.
- Participate in quality improvement and practice transformation initiatives, workflow modification, and the identification and deployment of new efficiencies.
- Maintains eligibility for School of Medicine Faculty.
- Keeps well-informed of the latest developments in field, both academically and through applied skill.
- May participate in clinical research projects (but not required to be a clinician-researcher unless pursuing traditional promotion path).
Accepts other responsibilities specifically assigned by the Director of Behavioral Health and Integrated Programs.
- Attends and presents at conferences, meetings and trainings in order to maintain certification and enhance professional skills; participates in faculty development activities.
Salary and Benefits:
The salary range for this position has been established at:
Senior Instructor: $80,000 to $135,000.
Assistant Professor: $80,000 to $135,000.
Associate Professor: $90,000 - 135,000.
The salary of the finalist(s) selected for this role will be set based on a variety of factors, including but not limited to, internal equity, experience, education, specialty and training.
The above salary range represents the University’s good faith and reasonable estimate of the range of possible compensation at the time of posting. The University of Colorado offers a full benefits package. Information on University benefits programs, including eligibility, is located at Employee Services .
University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background checks for all new employees prior to their employment.
The Immigration Reform and Control Act requires that verification of employment eligibility be documented for all new employees by the end of the third day of work. Alternative formats of this ad are available upon request for persons with disabilities.
Your total compensation goes beyond the number on your paycheck. The University of Colorado provides generous leave, health plans and retirement contributions that add to your bottom line.
Total Compensation Calculator: https://www.cu.edu/employee-services/total-compensation
Diversity and Equity:
Please click here for information on disability accommodations: http://www.ucdenver.edu/about/departments/HR/jobs/Pages/JobsatCUDenver.aspx
Office of Equity: https://www1.ucdenver.edu/offices/equity
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.