Ozarka College is seeking applications for an adjunct Welding Faculty. The adjunct Welding Faculty, acting under the direction of the Lead Welding Faculty and the Division Chair of Applied Science and Technology, will play a pivotal role in developing and promoting our welding program. This is a part-time position that will involve teaching primarily at our Mountain View campus but may also involve teaching at our Sites as needed. The faculty is responsible for providing high-quality instruction and maintaining a positive, safe learning environment for students that will prepare them for successful entry into the workplace. Additional responsibilities include course development, assessment, and other duties as assigned.
- A minimum of four years of tested experience in a Welding related field.
- Ability to teach welding curriculum
- Broad knowledge of welding applications, procedures, specifications, industry codes and standards
- Excellent written and interpersonal communications skills
- An earned Associate Degree in Welding Technology or similar discipline from a regionally-accredited institution plus two years related career experience in the field and/or a combination of education, training, and tested experience determined sufficient by the college to satisfy our current credentialing policies.
- American Welding Society (AWS) certifications in TIG, MIG, and pipe welding
Job Description Summary:
- Demonstrate skill, knowledge, and abilities in teaching the welding discipline. Teach assigned courses in a variety of times and locations in response to institutional need. Make continuous efforts to advance the quality of instruction.
- Develop and use a variety of teaching methods and materials to assist students who have differing educational and experiential backgrounds in meeting the course outcomes. Maintain appropriate professional relationships with students, colleagues, and the community.
- Evaluate students to measure their progress toward achievement of stated course outcomes. Review, evaluate, recommend, and effectively use student learning materials.
Review of applications will begin immediately. Position will remain open until an acceptable candidate has been selected.
To apply, submit a detailed letter of application addressing experience and qualifications to meet listed position duty requirements and expectations, Ozarka Employment Application, résumé, unofficial copies of transcripts, and names, addresses, and phone numbers of three professional references:
Office of Human Resources
Attention: Adjunct Welding Faculty Search Committee
P. O. Box 10
Melbourne, AR 72556
(870) 368-2002/FAX (870) 368-2094