Postdoctoral Scholar/Preventive Medicine, Memphis - 210000029O
Postdoctoral Scholar – Preventive Medicine
The University of Tennessee Health Science Center, College of Medicine, Department of Preventive Medicine is seeking a motivated postdoctoral fellow interested in advancing his or her career in a multidisciplinary and collaborative environment to join Dr. Qi Zhao’s team in the Department of Preventive Medicine at UTHSC.
Dr. Qi Zhao’s research has a focus on multi-omics studies of aging-related disorders, such as sarcopenia and osteoporosis, and pediatric cardiometabolic risk, such as childhood obesity. The postdoctoral scholar will have opportunities to work on multi-omics data from several cohorts/clinical trials, such as CANDLE (Conditions Affecting Neurocognitive Development and Learning in Early Childhood), LOS (Louisiana Osteoporosis Study), and Look AHEAD (Action for Health in Diabetes).
The postdoctoral scholar will be responsible for coordinating ongoing multiple metabolomics studies, including biorespository and database management. The position will conduct statistical analyses, leadership on multiple publications, and active participation in grant applications. The postdoctoral fellow will be encouraged to develop new ideas that promote current research, such as new methods for data analysis. Opportunities to apply for independent funding will be available and encouraged. The initial appointment is for one year, with expected renewal if progress is satisfactory and funds are available.
- Applicants should have a Ph.D. degree in Epidemiology or Biostatistics with a strong background and experience in genetic and molecular epidemiology research of complex diseases.
- Excellent data analysis skills for omics data, such as GWAS, sequencing, transcriptome, epigenome, and metabolome. Experience in using machine learning and artificial intelligence methods will be preferred.
- Strong writing and oral communication skills and a solid publication record.
- Highly motivated, organized, and creative.
- Excellent team player who enjoys working with multidisciplinary investigators
This position starts November 1, 2021 or thereafter.
Campus/Institute - Memphis
Nov 4, 2021, 11:09:24 AM