Postdoctoral fellows will provide diagnostic assessments and ongoing therapy for clients in an outpatient setting. We see individuals across the lifespan, but populations treated by the fellow will depend on their areas of specialization and expertise as well as their supervisor’s expertise. Postdoctoral fellows will be provided individual supervision with a licensed psychologist, regular didactics, team meetings, and group supervision. There are additional opportunities to join multiple specialty service teams, including an OCD and Related Disorders team, Sex Positive team, DBT-informed team, Psychedelic team and/or Perinatal Team. Being on a specialty team will include additional supervision and training while providing therapy for specific populations. This position is full time.
- 27 hours of clinical work a week, consisting of of:
- Meeting with clients (individual, family, or group settings)
- Completing intakes of new clients
- Complete clinical notes for all client sessions in a timely manner
- Attend individual and group supervision weekly
- Attend, participate in, and lead staff meetings, including MBT Supervision, Team Meeting, Clinical Meeting, CBT Didactics, and Culture Committee, as appropriate
- Respond to urgent client outreach as appropriate, based on clinical context and best practices
- Conduct self in a manner consistent with Brooklyn Minds’s values
- Maintain a limited permit to practice therapy in the state of New York
- Maintain active malpractice insurance in the state of New York
- Must be eligible to apply for limited permit by summer of 2021.
- Requires completion of doctoral degree in psychology and completion of year-long internship in clinical or school psychology.
- Experience and interest working with clients with moderate to severe mental illness, including personality disorders, mood and anxiety disorders
- Tech-savvy and comfortable working with new technologies (demonstrated proficiency in GSuite preferred)
- Competitive salary: $58,500/annually
- Medical, dental, vision, and life insurance
- 401K eligibility after one year of employment
- Opportunity to work as part of a group practice with energized, passionate providers and admin staff
Interactions with our Values
At Brooklyn Minds, we’ve found that our values are better represented by balancing juxtaposed principles. Our values are dialectical, and we view them as two bookends that we aim to move easily between or embody both simultaneously. Here’s how we see this role interacting with each of our values.
- Technological sophistication and human connection
Like all of our clinical roles, the postdoctoral fellow has a deep understanding of human connection in the clinical relationship, and is also able to bring empathy and curiosity into their interactions with their teammates. At the same time, this role must be comfortable using Brooklyn Minds’ platforms and software to best serve our clients.
We’re looking for someone with expertise in Clinical Psychology, and are excited to see them in a role as a teacher. We also know that nobody knows everything, and expect the postdoctoral fellow to create opportunities to learn from others. They should apply this teacher/learner positionality not only to their role on the team, but to their clinical work, where the client should be seen as the expert in their own experience.
- Empathy and accountability
This role brings curiosity and empathy to their teammates and clients by knowing that every individual has different experiences and needs, but also sets standards for accountability in all areas.
- Autonomy and collaboration
As a postdoctoral fellow supervising others this role must be comfortable making decisions, while utilizing the team to its fullest.
The postdoctoral fellow must be comfortable communicating what the team is working on to the company as a whole, while exercising appropriate boundaries around client and company information.
Brooklyn Minds values diversity as a core tenet of the work we do and the populations we serve. We are an equal opportunity employer, indiscriminate of race, religion, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other protected characteristic.
Cover letter is required. Applications without a cover letter will not be considered.