Department : Division of Pre-Professional Studies
Reports to : General Education Program Director or Dean Pre-Professional Studies
The Department of Health and Natural Sciences at Presentation College invites applicants for a full-time Mathematics faculty at the Instructor, Assistant, Associate or Full Professor level on the Aberdeen campus. Successful candidate will be qualified to teach both introductory level and upper-level courses within the Mathematic and statistics discipline, specifically Introduction to Statistics and College Algebra, along with corequisite remediation. The position requires teaching by standard classroom and online mediums. Applicants must have experience developing instructional material, excellence in traditional and online instruction, and a dedication to on-going professional development. Additional responsibilities include serving as an academic advisor to students, participation in various campus and college committees, continued scholarly activities, program marketing, and student recruitment.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
- Fulfills faculty workload requirements through excellence in teaching, course-related advising, scholarship, and service to the college and community.
- Conducts all classes in accordance with and established and current course syllabus, submitted following established guidelines each semester, and approved textbook and/or related instructional material.
- Participate in textbook adoption and review as appropriate.
- Participates in the ongoing assessment processes and continuous improvement of the curriculum.
- Participates in student-faculty activities that serve to strengthen student- faculty relationships.
- Maintain student attendance, grade, and discipline records as required by the college.
- Serve on college and/or faculty standing committees and attend appropriate College meetings.
- Contributes to the ongoing development of the program through unit and course revision and refinement and the implementation of formative and summative evaluation processes.
- Remains current with the changing trends in education and practice.
- Participates in professional and community activities.
- Maintains personal growth and development through ongoing faculty development activities and annual growth plan.
Education and Training
- Master’s Degree in mathematics, statistics, or relevant field from an accredited university. A Doctoral degree preferred.
- Minimum of 18 graduate credits in mathematics
- Previous teaching experience at the post-secondary level
Knowledge and Experience
- Previous teaching experience in an academic setting preferred.
- Work is performed in a classroom setting with some interruptions and distractions; the employee may be required to work or attend meetings in the evening and/or on weekends.
- Primary functions require sufficient physical ability and mobility to work in a classroom or laboratory setting; to stand or sit for prolonged periods of time up to five consecutive hours; lift, carry, push and/or pull up to 10 lbs; and to verbally communicate to exchange information.
College Mission, Vision & Values
As part of the Presentation College Learning Community, you will be expected to play a role in supporting the legacy of the Presentation Sisters, in promoting the Mission, living the Core Values, and furthering the Vision.
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time