The University of Saint Mary is a Roman Catholic, liberal arts university located in Leavenworth, Kansas, just 25 minutes away from Kansas City. For over 90 years, the University of Saint Mary has helped students find their way to meaningful lives and careers through an education that blends the liberal arts and a focus on critical thinking with the development of key professional skills. USM serves about 1,400 students at its main campus in Leavenworth, its satellite location in Overland Park, as well as online.
The University is seeking an adjunct faculty member to teach, both at the graduate and undergraduate level, a variety of courses related to Management and Business Administration. Assignments may include morning, afternoon, evening, or on-line classes depending on instructional needs.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: *
- Demonstrate ability to teach topics that could include management, leadership, business law, organizational behavior, operations management, project management, or strategic management;
- Prepare syllabi and deliver curriculum appropriate for the course assigned;
- Maintain effective and timely student assessment and feedback;
- Manage and foster an inclusive educational environment to serve all learners;
- Maintain student attendance records in accordance with university policy;
- Submit mid-term and final grades on time;
- Demonstrate professionalism with students, faculty, staff, and administration;
- Timely attendance at all required training, Division meetings, and university-related meetings;
- Complete all required training, including training on Engage LMS
- Maintain expertise in current teaching and discipline technologies.
- Perform other duties as required
- Earned Doctorate (PhD, DBA) in Business Administration, or Doctorate (PhD, DBA) in a business-related field from an accredited institution with Business Administration related industry experience
- Master’s degree in Business Administration related field in combination with appropriate industry experience.
- 1-3 or more years of teaching experience in higher education, on-ground and on-line;
- Professional written and verbal communication skills;
- Additionally, candidates should have an affinity to the mission of the university.
- Must be eligible to work in the United States without sponsorship.
TO APPLY: _
_ Submit a cover letter, resume and contact information for at least three current professional references._
Saint Mary is an Equal Opportunity Employer._
Job Type: Full-time